Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Jugar Featured in Exhibition

Tessa Guzé, Original paintings from "Jugar", oil on canvas, 2011

I am having a solo exhibition of my paintings shown at the Durham Arts Council in Durham, NC. The exhibition is mostly my fine arts painting but I have featured a selection of original paintings from a children's book I illustrated called "Jugar". Jugar is a children's book about an Indian street dog surviving his first monsoon. The opening for this exhibition is Friday, August 17th, 5-7PM.

Tessa Guzé, Durham Arts Council exhibition photo 2012
Tessa Guzé, Durham Arts Council exhibition photo 2012
Here a a few other pictures of the work in the show.  The show is titled Beginner's Mind: Painting with an Open Heart. Beginner's Mind is a Buddhist concept of Shoshin or "non-judging". It means having an attitude of openness, eagerness and lack of preconceptions when perceiving the world or studying a subject. The paintings in the show are mostly portraits of people from various places and cultures around the world.

If you would like to see more of my fine arts paintings please visit the fine arts portfolio page of my website or my artist's blog.

1 comment:

  1. Great Painters depicts their "Expression through their Mindblowing Fine Art ", Great Artwork!!!

    Fine Art Paintings for Sale !

    ReplyDelete