Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hello!


Tessa Guze, Lion Gets His Color,  mixed media, 
I am a children's book illustrator, currently doing freelance work from Korea. I love children, books and painting.

I have known that I wanted to be a children's book illustrator for as long as I can remember. Before I knew how to read or write I began by stapling pieces of paper together to make my own books and then drawing on the pages. I dictated my stories to my mother who dutifully filled in the words for me. For a book-making class in art school I teamed up with my mother, Karen Guze, on again to create "How the Painted Hunting Dog Got His Marks", which we both brain stormed, she wrote, and I illustrated. We worked so easily together that we decided to continue with "Jugar" for my senior thesis. To see a preview of the book please click here. Copies of this book are available in hardback at blurb.com/books/2106034 or in paperback at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/tessaguzeatgmaildotcom.

No comments:

Post a Comment